Our Programming for 2018
Plains Theater Info
Address: 1304 Maine Street
P.O. Box 813
Eads, Colorado 81036
Book and a Movie Club
Meets 2nd or 3rd Saturdays @ 11 AM
Next Meeting: January 20, 2018
Our Goal is to promote literacy, cultural opportunity, fellowship, and community dialogue about a number of themes, social issues, and human drama.
GUIDELINES for the BOOK AND A MOVIE CLUB
1. Read the Book prior to the Second Saturday Meeting Date
2. Attend the Second Saturday meeting
3. Or make your comments and observations on the Facebook Event Book Page
4. Share Recipes & Bring Food to the Meetings
5. Enjoy various media opportunities at the Second Saturday meetings that include movie trailers, author information/video, thematic information, etc...
6. We will try to get an author from our Book List to visit our community or "meet" with the group via Skype or Google Hangouts.
7. At every meeting attended free movie tickets will be given to participants.
8. Free movie tickets can be earned via the Facebook page for participants who make concise observations and reply to other comments.
9. Attend the movie showing of the book and compare, contrast, rate the book vs the movie on the Facebook Event Book Page
10. Invite a Friend to join us...anyone and everyone are always welcome!
January 2018 SELECTION
Meeting on Saturday,
January 30 @ 11 AM
Meeting on Saturday, December 19 @ 11 AM
IN THE HEART OF THE SEA
by Nathaniel Philbrick
Meeting on Saturday, November 21 @ 11 AM
by Andy Weir
Meeting on Saturday, October 17 @ 11 AM
INTO THIN AIR
by John Krakauer
Meeting on Saturday, September 19 @ 11 AM
A WALK IN THE WOODS
by Bill Bryson
Meeting on Saturday, August 15 @ 11 AM
Z FOR ZACHARIAH
by Robert C. O'Brien
MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN
by Ransom Riggs
by John Green
BEYOND THE MADDING CROWD
by Thomas Hardy
THE LONGEST RIDE
by Nicholas Sparks
by Ron Rash
Don't Point That Thing at Me
by Kyril Bonfiglioli
UPCOMING EVENTS IN THE
Come join the discussion on this American hero and receive free movie tickets for the movie that will be showing on January 30, 31, and February 1.
2014 Books we Read and Compared to the Movie:
The Book Thief
Historical Fiction, Nazi Germany
Second Saturday: March 8th
Time: 11:00 AM
Plains Theater, Eads, CO
Movie Showing: March 29, 30
BARRY WARD & FRIENDS